Important Suggestion to my fellow Journalers

If these posts are too long for you to complete, I suggest that you print off the prompt that is of current interest to you and then tape it into your journal for future reference. The prompts are such that you can do it in one sitting or you can break each idea down and use them as separate prompts. There is no set rule on how to use these prompts. They can be used as lessons for your auxiliaries too. Hope you enjoy them and may they glorify the Lord in all the ways you use them. God bless your writing experiences.

Important Note:

Most of these prompts will come from my own thoughts, but there may some that I have found from other people and want to share with you. Some of the prompts may be repeats to some of you who are members of the same online groups I am in, but I will include them for the new journalers out there reading this blog. And sometimes prompts are so good they are worth repeating. You may use a prompt over and over again and reply to it differently each time. I will give credit to prompts I find when I know the person who submitted the prompt or gave it to me by other means. If I find a journaling site that has prompts I will include them too. Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Just for fun.

Let's play "Homonym Thinking Game"

This is just for fun and to keep your thinking skills fresh.  We journal our daily activities.  We journal using many prompts.  We write for many reasons.  Let's use this prompt to just write for fun.

I am giving you a list of words that sound the same or spelled the same but have different meanings.They are also used improperly at times.  You are to do the following with the words:

1) Write a sentence using each word separately. 
2) Write a sentence or paragraph using all three words.

List of words:

A.  to, too, two
B.  for, fore, four
C. hem, him, hymn
D. be, Bea, bee
E. dew, do, due
F. wait, weight
G. so, sew
H. sea, see
I.  read, reed
J.  knead, need
K. real, reel
L. your, you're
M. quiet, quite
N. bark, bark
O. live, live
P. read, read

Can you think of more words to fit the list?  This was just an exercise to keep your thinking skills fresh and a prompt that doesn't take too much time or too much writing.  You can even use the list of words to do other kind of writing.  Have fun.