Important Suggestion to my fellow Journalers

If these posts are too long for you to complete, I suggest that you print off the prompt that is of current interest to you and then tape it into your journal for future reference. The prompts are such that you can do it in one sitting or you can break each idea down and use them as separate prompts. There is no set rule on how to use these prompts. They can be used as lessons for your auxiliaries too. Hope you enjoy them and may they glorify the Lord in all the ways you use them. God bless your writing experiences.

Important Note:

Most of these prompts will come from my own thoughts, but there may some that I have found from other people and want to share with you. Some of the prompts may be repeats to some of you who are members of the same online groups I am in, but I will include them for the new journalers out there reading this blog. And sometimes prompts are so good they are worth repeating. You may use a prompt over and over again and reply to it differently each time. I will give credit to prompts I find when I know the person who submitted the prompt or gave it to me by other means. If I find a journaling site that has prompts I will include them too. Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, March 14, 2011

The "I Wonder" land of prompts

Have you ever had those moments when you begin to "wonder" what if?  What if this or what if that?  Do you sit and wonder what would have happened if you had done this differently or if you had done something better or if you had not done something or if you had done nothing at all...?  Well, there is a place called "I Wonder" land and it will take up your time dwelling on those what ifs.  If you visit that place often it can become very distracting.  So, when that starts happening, journal those feelings, those thoughts and close the book.  You cannot change those what if things had been done differently, what if those things had been said differently... They have already happened and you cannot change them.  Now, get out another journal and write the things that are happening at the moment, things that are bothering you at this time and share them with the Lord.  Discuss them with Him in your journal and turn them over to the Lord.  Turn to Him first and then your decisions will be in the will of the Lord and you will not have to record more what ifs in that other journal.  Pretty soon your what if journal will not even exist.  You can discard it and not visit the "I Wonder" land again.  It is a place that you should not have to visit.  Instead of journeying down that road take the path to the Lord instead.  It will be a journey worth going on.