Important Suggestion to my fellow Journalers

If these posts are too long for you to complete, I suggest that you print off the prompt that is of current interest to you and then tape it into your journal for future reference. The prompts are such that you can do it in one sitting or you can break each idea down and use them as separate prompts. There is no set rule on how to use these prompts. They can be used as lessons for your auxiliaries too. Hope you enjoy them and may they glorify the Lord in all the ways you use them. God bless your writing experiences.

Important Note:

Most of these prompts will come from my own thoughts, but there may some that I have found from other people and want to share with you. Some of the prompts may be repeats to some of you who are members of the same online groups I am in, but I will include them for the new journalers out there reading this blog. And sometimes prompts are so good they are worth repeating. You may use a prompt over and over again and reply to it differently each time. I will give credit to prompts I find when I know the person who submitted the prompt or gave it to me by other means. If I find a journaling site that has prompts I will include them too. Thank you for your understanding.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Adding a little TLC...

Think of things you do for others that you blend in a little TLC and show them how much you care.

My husband never buys me anything.  I have only received flowers twice in the 29 years we have been married.  But the other day he had some change left over from what he had for gas and fishing stuff.  When he took me to work he left without telling me where he was heading and when he got back he had bought me a couple of donuts.  And they were cherry and maple.  That is what I buy when I get donuts for myself.  I had no idea he paid attention to what flavor of donuts I eat.  That was TLC. 

 A few years ago I gave my hubby 200 dollars for a shotgun. He hunts every year.  I had saved it up so he could get another shotgun.  I had lost his other one in the pawn shop.  Anyway, he showed me his gun and then told me to hold out my hand.  I thought he was going to give me the change he had left from purchasing his new gun.  But it was a wedding ring set.  I had lost my old set at the pawn shop.  He bought a cheaper gun and got me the wedding set because he knew I really missed wearing my old set.  He is normally very selfish and that time he added TLC to my TLC I had given him.

Another time I had noticed that two of my knickknacks on a very high shelf were crooked due to someone walking too hard by them I suppose.  Well, I thought to myself that I would get a chair and climb up and straighten them up.  But I got sidetracked.  A couple of days later I went to straighten them up and it had already been done.  My hubby did it without me asking him to.  That was TLC.

My granddaughter knows I have real dry skin on my legs and one day while I was watching tv with her she got up for no apparent reason and came back with some lotion.  She said she wanted to put it on my legs for me.  It was very relaxing.  She took it even farther and gave me a soothing foot massage.  She was only four at the time, but that was TLC.

My son is incarcerated.  I have been visiting him since October of last year every Saturday.  We have to visit with a glass between us and on a phone to talk to one another.  The other day when he was leaving he blew me a kiss and there were other inmates and jailers watching.  That was an act of TLC for sure. 

My pastor's wife gave me a reusable grocery bad for an Easter present.  Now that may not be what one would consider TLC, but she knows how much I love bags and she gave it to me before I had a chance to ask where she got it so I could get myself one.  The bag was one of those cheapy fifty cent ones, but getting it as a gift was priceless.

Those are some examples of adding a little TLC.  Do you cut your child's meat to help him/her eat easier?  Do you make the pancakes in shapes or people instead of just round circles?  Do you send cards for no reason?  Do you find little trinkets at yard sales for other people?  Do you put smiles on people's faces unconditionally?  Do you fix extra food so you can take some to a shut in?  Do you share your garden with your neighbor? Write of ways you add TLC or others have added TLC to your life.  These are little memories that make you feel good and have good memories.

Try to list at least ten ways TLC has been added to your life and when you feel down and depressed for some reason, refer back to your list and let the smiles be renewed all over again.